'Holy Mother in Christ'

The title of this post is just 1 of many I've been called regularly, with others including 'good people', 'my sister', or 'my friend' with 'in Christ' often added too. The men, of course, are often called father+brother.

This shows to me 2things. First, S.African Christians truly believe +accept all (Anglicans at least) Christians to be part of the same family under God. And also,that God is the focus of their life+all they do,since in liturgical,academic or social settings the first thought on their minds and therefore words they say are 'hello my sister', 'I greet you in the name of Christ', or something else similar.

Being far from home,this family language is very comforting as it speaks to me of belonging,acceptance+love, rather than viewing me as different or an outsider.

1 comment: