Good news with the bad

As many of you know,during much of our time in Oxfordshire,Jon was working as an Assistant Bar Manager in town. After unfortunately loosing his job last autumn,he struggled to find work until starting working at a cinema selling tickets+the like -which was better than nothing. It was on a 3month contract which we hoped they'd extend, however they haven't.

In about 2weeks Jon was due to join me here for a fortnight. However,as it may be difficult for him to find work as he can't start until 4weeks or can but needs a fortnight off almost right away, as we're moving in about 3months anyway,+as there's a recession+so few jobs around,we decided he'll fly out here early+so be with me for just over 4weeks, arriving tomorrow!! Indeed,I think God must have planned it to happen this way.

It'll be wonderful to see him but also for him to experience life here rather than coming after term ends+experiencing S.A. as just a tourist destination. My time here will stay with me a long time+will be something I'll talk with Jon about a lot. So for him to experience life here too (i.e.the people,the cultures,services, lectures,etc) will enable him to also understand my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment