The UK

The vast majority of S.Ans we met wanted to come to visit the UK. I think this was linked to 2 things; 1) that they consider it the home of Anglican Christianity, and 2) that they consider it to be a decent society in the way that it is developed and they think it is based on Christianity. I guess I can see their point but at first I thought many of them would be disappointed if they did come to the UK, but then I realised they wouldn’t because compared to many of the places they live in, our developed society is wonderful, e.g. we don’t run out of water, all get decent health care, we have regular public transport, all get a minimum wage, etc etc. This is summed up in the fact that, of those who had been to the UK, all said they liked it, and I only asked a few people what they liked about it (I only asked a few as only a few had been) and 2 of these said they liked the London tube!!! Also, when we first got to COTT, a student told Dom he wanted to go to England, and when Dom asked him what he thought England was like, he said ‘Heaven’! Though we was partly saying it jokingly, there was some truth to this thought.

I guess, all in all, we don’t realise how lucky we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment