3 Point Stoles

The stoles they use in S.A. are different to the ones we use. They are called ‘3 point stoles’ and have a section at the back. This is so a chasuble doesn’t have to be worn, which I expect is to do with the fact it’s too hot to wear one! I bought a double-sided one as a fitting souvenir of my time in S.A. It’s purple on one side with traditional Christian African symbols on (which are the same we use at home), such as grapes, wheat, the Alpha symbol, the Omega symbol, etc. The other side is green and has traditional pictures of African on, such as a lady carrying a baby, the aloe plant, and a traditional African house, etc. It really is wonderful and I’m very pleased with it. I look forward to wearing it when I’m ordained and to remembering my African brothers and sisters when I do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment