Money doesn’t buy happiness

There’s 2 things I feel the need to say about money with regards S.A.
1) Money certainly doesn’t buy happiness,
2) Money could help towards some of S.As problems.

Back to the first point –The S.A. people I met and interacted with seemed vastly more happy than people in England. They laughed ALL the time. Honestly I’ve never laughed so much as when I was out there! At least once a day you’d be literally laughing out loud, whereas at home you can go well over a week without doing that! Furthermore, I’m sure we moan much more than they do!

Despite this cheerfulness S.Ans often display though, there did seem to be many problems in S.A. and I’m sure some of these could be helped by money. With regards health, there was a lack of hospitals and medication. With regards education, there’s a lack of free schools. With regards basic necessities, there’s a lack of availability of clean water. And so on, and so on. It really is shocking to me then that as a nation we’ve not sought to eradicate such problems. I know money won’t solve all problems but it really could do a start, and when we as a country spend our money on sending soldiers into other countries to kill, rather than sending money to help cure ill children, it really is a sad sad time.

No comments:

Post a Comment