More reflections on the retreat

I think most retreats or quiet days either speak to exactly where you are or seem irrelevant. This weeks retreat was no different, +actually it did speak to most people where they are. And I think if I hadn't been away from my usual life for 2-3months already, +therefore had space to think about life, the universe + everything, it would've been a valuable retreat for me too, especially the Sunday+Monday talks which managed to sum up+add to much of my thinking since being here in a way which I was unable to do so myself. They were about the way that sometimes God doesn't act as soon as we would like+the fact that sometimes things need to die in order to live. So he referred to John 12.24: "I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds."

No comments:

Post a Comment