Formation Group Farewell

My Formation Group seems to have had several final meetings this term!! The first of these was the braai where they thanked me for being with them this term+I thanked them for including me this term. We thought this was out last meeting,only to find we were in formation groups during the Community Building afternoon (though I wasn't as I was involved with planning the day) +during the making of the Easter garden. As a result my group felt it would be best to have an actual final meeting where we could all sit,chat+eat cake like we usually do+say goodbye properly. I was told about this meeting 1min before it started! So I rushed upstairs to put my Pick n Pay shopping down+get Jon, +we still got their before many others!!

The meeting was in Fungayi's house like most of our other meetings+we had tea/coffee +some cakes he had made, again like we have done in most meetings. It was unfortunate that Gregory was unable to make this meeting as he was the main person in the group who planned the meetings,trips+braai's in order for me to enjoy my short time here. Tshukumo wasn't there either but he hasn't been there half the time!

We spent a short while chatting+joking before Fungayi said a few words of thanks again for me being with them. He said they were pleased I had been in their group +thanked me for the beach+braai trip to Port Alfred because if I wasn't in their group they wouldn't have done a trip at all. After this Zanele handed to me the S.A. 'Anglican Prayer Book' which they had bought for me as a present. Inside was written a short message+they had all signed it. It was V. kind of them+is an excellent present as a reminder of my time here. The message inside is this:
"Dear George, For the wonderful time that we had together, this prayer book serves to bind us with cords of love+service to God+ God's people. Amen. Gregory, Ntombekhaya, Zanele, Grant, Swazi, Tshukumo, Monde, Fungayi. GOD BLESS. Cott/formngrp 2010"

Today I've printed out some photos of my time with the group+made a card saying "THANK YOU!!!" on the front with a picture Jon took of me with the group+my new APB (see below). Inside I wrote some words of thanks for the book as well as saying again that I'd really enjoyed being a part of this group+ have lots of happy memories from my time with them +also thanking them again for including me+sharing with me.From back left: Monde, Fungayi, Grant, Ntombekhaya.
From front left: Zanele, me, Swazi.

No comments:

Post a Comment