Good Friday lunch

This week I was concerned about when we were to have lunch on Good Friday as the service started at 12 before lunchtime +ended at 3 after lunchtime. I asked Titus about this who said we eat after the service! I clarified with him that he meant we eat lunch at gone 3, +when he confirmed this I made a loud shocked exclaim at the thought of not eating until then. Fr.Isaias was sitting nearby who simply said 'George, welcome to South Africa!' The 3 of us could not stop laughing!!!

When it finally came to lunch we had pickled fish which is what most people eat in S.A. on Good Friday. We also had hot-cross buns which tasted like heaven! I'm not usually a massive fan of them but as I'm eating everyday food that doesn't taste great+hardly eating any sweet things, the bun tasted superb!

No comments:

Post a Comment